Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The NEGATIVE of my Church Attendance - Linda K. Milam

Hebrews 10:24-25 King James Version (KJV)
24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

It is apparent as we draw closer to our Lord's return, Christians are becoming more and more complacent or distracted with the things that they have in their lives, and missing out on on the greatest "time" in a Christians Life by MISSING church, and even worse stop serving with the talents that God has so richly blessed us with.  Sunday School Teachers, musicians, singers, soul winners is this you!!!!  Oh, it starts out slow you know. First we stay home on a Wednesday, then we start skipping Sunday School, and those nights you missed Sunday evening service.... and the next thing you know, it isn't important enough to come at all.  When we do come, we see all the negative and don't allow God to bless us.  Why?  and what happens in our lives that could cause this to happen.   Certainly God or HIS Word has not changed; so we better examine our own selves.  NO not our neighbors but ourselves.

We all have our problems, worries, and issues. We even become a little disillusioned with the "way things are going around the work God has placed you in." So we stay away. . . Be honest with yourself here;  How many times have YOU seen that happen to others and you have said, "Now is the time to be in church, NOT stay home?"   And now that person is you. I know I have said it.... we need to Go Back, my friend to the time when God had our WHOLE heart and no matter what came our way, we allowed him to use us. This is written not just for others but for myself. I look around today and see vacant seats in church, Sunday school, the choir loft, orchestra and musician seats and wonder why I keep hanging in there??? It would be easy to just pick up and leave and let someone else do my work. We are busy, busy, people, but so Happy in the LORD. The Church has many out reaches - and as missionaries we serve and wear many hats. But the most important one we believe is that hat of "encouragement". To the Saint that is weary of it all, don't give up. We are almost there. To the layman who looks around him and says where has everyone gone, don't stop - bring someone with you the next time you come to church..... JUST DON'T QUIT! I ran across this writing by C. Sumner Wemp, a great soul winner - and I thought it was quite appropriate for the day.  He also writes THE POSITIVE - so you'll see it on another day!  May you be encouraged and blessed is our prayer for you today!

The Negative
of My Church Attendance

What My Absence from Church Did

It caused some people to question the
reality of my faith.
It made some think that I was a pretender.

It made many think that I consider my spiritual welfare
and that of others a matter of small concern.
It weakened the effect of the church service.
It made it harder for the preacher to preach.
It discouraged other church members
and robbed them of a blessing.
It made it harder for me to resist
the temptation of the devil. It gave the devil more power and influence over lost people.
It encouraged me to become more irregular in church attendance.

God Bless,
Tom & Linda Milam
Missionaries to America




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog