Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"The Missionary's Ambition" - Luke 18:31

September 23
Bluestone River near Pipestem WV
How beautiful is this great land.
Daily Jewel: "My goal is to know God."

My goal is to know God, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and if I accomplish anything or not in this life,   I still desire above all things, to be in the center of God's will.  If I'm totally abandoned to Him, His will will be done in and through me; because I am saved and I am HIS will.  My trademark should be, "here I am, use me; send me and make me;"  I am to do God's will to get to maturity.

I must get to where God wants me to be in service, worship, and prayer; that is where my companionship is with Him. My witness comes from what I gather there.  When I get discouraged, I must look at what He has done and where He went for me and let nothing stand in my way of becoming a mature Christian.  I should never shun persecution, or get lazy and lay back when the blessings are flowing and I'm on the mountain-top; but I should be thankful and travel on, (serving others) for Jesus is at the end, and I'll see Him face to face.

I must attain God's purpose for my life and that is, to do His will.  All of the things that happened to Jesus will happen to us on our way to our goal.  We should never think it to be strange to go through trials: God will show Himself to us.  Some people will even be a blessing and a few might be thankful for what God has done, and some will not be grateful at all, but we must conintinue on in His grace.

"Up, Up and Away!"
My goal is upward,
The price has been paid,
I cannot stay.
~Tom Milam~

Dr.  Tom Milam
Missionary Evangelist
B.A.T.A. Missionary Fellowship

These thoughts are from my book, "He Leadeth Me" September 23rd - A daily devotional.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog