Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Knowing Who's Master" John 13:13

I am not a puppet on a string, to be manipulated into moving; whether I am able or not, but Jesus is the Lord of my life, and in Him do I live, move and have my being.  God never makes or forces me to do anything, but His Holy Spirit that indwells me, leads me as I trust by faith to step out on His promises in obedience.

It is easy to say that we are saved, born again, or that we are Christians; but we very seldom ever say that Jesus is our Master, because we feel that we will have to prove it by the way we act - in total obedience.  (Linda's insert - kind of like we never tell anyone we are on a diet - because then we have to prove we are on a diet by showing a weight loss. Same thing applies as a Christian. Don't let anyone know you are serving the Lord or a Christian then you can still act like the world and they will never know!  God Forbid - for HE knows.  How foolish we can be to think we can keep on living the lives of the lost and get away with it.  There will be payday some day!)   May we desire to know Gods love as He shows it to us.  The Scriptures teach us to love with an unconditional love, one that asks no questions and makes no demands.  I belong to God, He is my Lord and Master.  I am His son, not a robot; My relationship must be that of a son to a father, not in rebellion and disagreement all of the time - but in communion, friendship, and fellowship.  Our problem is that we don't want to be told what to do by anyone - even God.  When we get over this and realize that God is our Master and guide, and we desire to live in obedience to Him, then and only then will He use us to touch other lives and bring them to Jesus.

"Master"
He is the Master of the sea,
In His arms, safe I'll be.
Master, Lord, Saviour divine,
Father, friend, fellow;
He is mine!
~ Tom Milam~

Dr.  Tom Milam
Missionary Evangelist
B.A.T.A. Missionary Fellowship

These thoughts are from my book, "He Leadeth Me" September 21st - A daily devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog