Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"The Power of Prayer" ~ Tom Milam

November 8 ~ "He Leadeth Me" Daily Devotional ~ Dr. Tom Milam

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  Romans 8:26

Many times I pray and it sure feels good to know that God is listening and will give a definite answer.  I pray at times and the Holy Spirit lifts me to new heights and I have no trouble believing God will take care of what I am praying about.  Oh! What a thrill it is to intercede for someone else and see God move in their lives and change them to the glory of God.  But there are many times when a shadow is cast over my life, darkness is prevailing, circumstances are surrounding me with a choking effect.  It seems that no one cares and Satan makes me feel as if God is not hearing me.  So I must not depend upon my feelings when I pray, or I'll be disappointed more times than not.  The Holy Spirit indwells me, so therefore, He will speak for me; when those times come when I'm cast down by the natural weakness of the flesh -- when all I can do is groan and cry, and wonder if I'm going to make it through the night.  God hears, He knows and the Holy Spirit will speak for me, on my behalf.  He will present my case before God.

God help me to keep this temple of the Holy Ghost under subjection, that my prayers are not hindered.

"Just Thinking"
Get God on the line the first thing
each day and shoulder the phone the
rest of the day."
~Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:
"He will speak for me."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog