Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lord Let Me Preach! - Dr. Tom Milam

July 13, 2013 - by Linda K. Milam

He truly gets great joy out of preaching.
If I had one thing to say about this man, Tom Milam, I would say he is a lover of the Lord.  His total focus is on Him who saved him out of the depths of sin - and called him to preach the Gospel.  In honor of the LORD I see him do this all over this great land we love, America.  His very heart is to PREACH the Gospel as the Holy Spirit leads.
 
 
His message is true, simple, concise, encouraging, uplifting, honest, humble, exciting, frightening, loving, caring, and so much more.  He has the message of Jesus Christ.  I know it is his deepest desire to preach for the cause of Christ.  To witness to the lost and bring them to the feet of Jesus.  To share his very soul with the saved to encourage them to live every day as if Jesus were coming this very hour.
 
Many of you know him.  We have been honored guests in your churches, homes and ministries and we are forever grateful for the tremendous support we receive.  You have heard his message, read his books, heard him sing and quote the many poems that God has given him, over the years.
 
But I say all these things for one purpose.  To uplift our LORD.  He is who makes us what we are.  He has the message we must deliver from the pulpit and in a song.  He is the One that gives us strength and endurance as we run the race. He is the almighty God and we give him praise and honor for all he does in our lives.
 
We are again out on a journey - in the last 5 months we have traveled over 11,000 miles and have many more to go.  We are the extended arm of many churches and people across this land. Folks who believe in us and our heart to reach America.  We thank you for partnering with us in prayer and financial support.  You may not be able to go - but we will, by the grace of God.
 
As I was studying today I ran across this in one of Bro. Tom 's books - "My Journey" - and this is what inspired this blog.  Oh! That I may have the love for the Lord that he has.  I thank God every day for the opportunity to get up each morning and be a part of what his work is today, as his wife, partner, and servant.
 
     Lord, before I lose my faculties, let me preach one more time; let me say one more intercessory prayer; allow me enough vision or capability to read and study my Bible; let me witness one more time to a lost and dying soul; please let me sing one more time my favorite song; grant me, I pray, to see one more soul saved, and let me write one more poem before taking my flight on the wings of the morning.
     When I've done all I can do, and say all I can say, give me strength to raise my hands toward heaven in honor of the King of Glory, my savior that reached way down for me, many years ago.  Amen!  
Looking for His soon return,
Bro. Tom (Phil. 2:16)
 
Thank you again for loving, praying and supporting us! 
 
Your Missionaries to America!
 
Tom & Linda Milam
Phil. 2:16
 
 
  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog