Total Pageviews

Friday, October 15, 2010

"A Worshiping Spirit" ~ Linda K. Milam 10/15/10

A WORSHIPING SPIRIT
Rev. 4:11 – “Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou has created all things and for thy pleasure they are and were created.”
A
Near Bolt, WV on October 13, 2010
The fall colors could hardly be captured in a photo!
 very wise preachers wife, Carolyn Antonis, wrote in one of her books, “Salvation is the first step in total worship of the LORD.”
God is a jealous God! He created us for HIM and his pleasure as our verse says.  It is HIS desire that we worship HIM and only Him and to do that, with a whole heart, we must know that His Son Jesus Christ is our OWN PERSONAL SAVIOR!
Folks, I love, love, love going to church and worshipping the LORD!  I love my bus route and all the bus kids and families I reach through visiting and going out Saturdays to visit and on Sundays riding that bus, picking up folks for church; From the greeters at the door to the end of the service at altar call, I love, love, love church!  The spirit of WORSHIP is my earnest desire when I go to church!  I LOVE SINGING THE SONGS OF ZION to the time when my Pastor may read the announcements or welcome our visitors, to the preaching of the Word of God!  Every part of the service is and should be a worshipful time to GOD!  We were “. . . created . . . for thy pleasure. . .” 
But don’t you know that no matter how much you prepare and desire to go to worship the LORD that Spirit of Worship can be “disturbed”.  You might ask, “How so?” 
Think on this, I have prepared my heart to worship the Lord, I know it is Sunday and I’m going to hear to messages today, but I still read my Bible and had my personal time with the LORD!  I am ready for church and worship!  You get to church and don’t you know Sister Jabberjaw” is there waiting for you.  Now you know all she wants to do is mess you up, so you do your best to avoid her and sure enough she is determined to get you and she chases you down and she starts;  “Well, did you hear about Sis. Linda – (in a tone of voice you know is up to NO GOOD!)  She up and married that Tom Milam within 6 weeks after she met him for the FIRST TIME! . . . Yes mam, on top of that, they couldn’t meet in WV or FL, they had to go to GA – now what do you think of that!” 
Now ladies, I’m making fun, but you know what I am talking about!  God certainly wants us to make HIM the focus of our worship, we have been created for his pleasure. . . and HE wants us to worship Him!! When we have our spirit of worship “disturbed” it doesn’t just affect me.  Have you ever thought about that?  When I hear things Sister Jabberjaw or Brother UptoNoGood has to say, it does affect how I worship.  My goal is to WORSHIP HIM.  Be a help and blessing to others but most of ALL when I am in a worshipping Spirit I am making myself available to be used by God!  There could be someone there God wants me to share the Gospel  with, or some person who just needs me to pray with them or for them. . . again, I just want to be used by God.  I want a “Sweet Relationship” with the LORD. . . Do you? 
I do pray that something you have read in this series of writings, has been a help!  After the ladies meeting, I had two people approach me regarding their salvation.  What a blessing it was to show those ladies from God’s Word how to be saved.  Why don’t we all continue to develop as Christians those spirits that will help us to grow spiritually?


A Positive Spirit
A Trusting Spirit
A Praying Spirit
A Loyal Spirit
A Worshiping Spirit


 The way of Salvation is sure:
YOU can KNOW for sure that YOU are going to HEAVEN!
 1. REALIZE THAT YOU ARE A SINNER
“For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” - Romans 3:23
 2. REALIZE THERE IS A PRICE ON SIN
“For the wages of sin is DEATH…” - Romans 6:23a
 3. REALIZE JESUS PAID THE PRICE FOR YOU
“But God commendeth His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, CHRIST
 DIED FOR US.”- Romans 5:8
 4. REALIZE SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT REQUIRING ONLY
 A HEART DECISION
“...the gift of God is eternal life though Jesus Christ our Lord.”  - Romans 6:23b
 5. REALIZE YOU MUST NOW CALL UPON JESUS TO SAVE YOU
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made  unto salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord SHALL be saved.”
Romans 10:10  & 13
  
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE SAVED RIGHT NOW, YOU CAN PRAY
SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

Dear God, I confess that I am a sinner. Please forgive me of my sins
 and save me today. In Jesus’ name—Amen

Please write and let us know if we can be of any help. Tom and Linda Milam

2 comments:

Search This Blog