Total Pageviews

Friday, July 19, 2013

The Simplicity Of The Greater Life - Dr. Tom Milam

July 19, 2013

“The Simplicity Of The Greater Life”
John 14:27

We must remember that God makes no mistakes, nothing slips upon Him; He is never taken by surprise. The ability to blame God for our problems lies in all of us. We must search and encourage ourselves to run inventory of our lives, because the trouble is brought on by our frail decisions to not trust Him. We must depend totally on God; when we do we’ll find living the Christian life is easier than imagined. Our problem most of the time is overriding the Holy Ghost and doing it our way.  Obedience to God always brings peace and satisfaction; this is unnatural to the flesh; the flesh says, hey! What about me? Don’t forget me, I’m important too! But peace will not come as long as the flesh and carnality have rule. We must be submissive to the Holy Spirits’ guidance; we must tarry and then proceed with caution, keeping ourselves under the simplicity of subjection.

My decisions usually bring chaos and is born out of frustration, but the Holy Spirit gently speaks in simplicity and wakes me up to obedience. When I obey God, nothing blocks the avenues of refreshing and my delight is watching Him make a way when it seems impossible.  

“He Knows”

The life I live belongs to God, His guidance I claim each day. I put it all into His hands, because He surely knows the way.

-Tom Milam

  Daily Jewel:

“When I obey God, nothing blocks the avenues of refreshing.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog