Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 10, 2011

“Are You Ready?” ~ Dr. Tom Milam

II Timothy 4:6-8
   
6For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Tom and Linda Milam
Many people allow the cares and worries of the world to depress and discourage them. Therefore they will begin to think that they might get cheated and not get to enter heaven. But this is not so dear friend; you can cast your fears to the wind. You are a child of God; therefore you will gain your inheritance. You have been making installments up there since the day you got saved.
I’ll never forget what an old black man told me several years ago while visiting in a hospital. He was 86 years old and said he was ready to die, that he had been laying up things in heaven for many years and “just as soon as God gets my seat ready”, he said, “I’m going to go sit in it.” I asked him was he afraid? He said, “Oh no, God has a crown that won’t fit nobody but me.  And there’s one place for me to set, and not even the great Apostle Paul can sit in my chair.” He said, “There is a portion of heaven made just for me. It is assigned to me and I can’t lose it.”
Friends, you can be assured, heaven is ours already. Just as if we were already there. If you are a born again child of God, you have reserved for you a robe, a crown and a mansion. Jesus will take us to those places that He couldn’t tell us of while down here. We could not have contained it in our temporal state. If you believe in the Lord Jesus, have repented of your sin, been renewed in your heart, then you are God’s. There is a place, a crown and a “seat” ready for you when you enter into glory.

“Ready”

I am ready to go, Heaven awaits,
 My fighting is ending, I’m reaching
for the gates.
 Faith is turning to sight, my course is set,
His appearing I love, so a crown I’ll get.

Daily Jewel:

“God has a crown that won’t fit nobody but me.”  

God Bless,

Tom & Linda Milam

Missionaries to America
Phil. 2:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog