Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"The Matter-Of-Fact Life" ~ Tom Milam

October 27, 2010

The Matter-Fact-Life ~ Tom Milam
1 Corinthians 9:22
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made
all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
Who Will Go To America?
          I am where God has placed me, by His wonderful grace.  I therefore will learn everything I can about my Saviour and His work in me.  I am nothing, unless God does something through me.  I must be found useful in the occupation that He has placed me in.  I joyfully learn to have the mind of God, to think on terms of redemption and the atonement.  I didn’t choose to work for God, He chose me – I accepted Christ – He put a will to do into me; so here I am, Lord, use me.
          I must never lose sight of what Jesus has done for me and the unsatisfied world;  He suffered, bled and died that we could live.  I don’t have God, He has me, to do with me as He pleases; I’m under construction, being made to conform to His image.  Why does He do it this way?  I don’t know.  But I do know that we will never be of any use unless we are molded by Him.  We must be made into what God wants, so that we can be fit to lead others into His work.  God has called and enabled me, I therefore must go forward.

“Empty”
Before God can use us,
He must break our will;
There can be nothing less,
Than an empty vessel to be filled.

~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:
“I am nothing, unless God does something through me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog