Total Pageviews

Friday, November 18, 2011

WHAT DOES YOUR LOVE SAY? ~ Pastor Jerry Beaver


As we prepare for our day – our daily devotions are so important to us in our home, and we pray in yours.  Don’t start your day without this time of study, prayer, and devotion to the Lord…..  God Bless, and have a great day!
 
Read: 1 John 5:1-5

WHAT DOES YOUR LOVE SAY?


Reprinted from “Today’s Through The Bible Reading” 
Pastor Jerry Beaver, Tabernacle Baptist Church, Roswell, NM

1 John 5:3   For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

When I started courting my wife in Bible College, she went to our pastor and asked him what questions she should ask me to make sure I was a good man.  He instructed her to ask me if I tithed.  He said, “If he says he loves the Lord and does not give to the Lord, then likewise he will tell you he loves you and not give to you.”  This is very sound wisdom and we have seen many a spouse say they love the other, but their actions state the opposite.

Just like in our text, if we say we love the Lord and we don’t obey, give, and serve Him, then something is amiss.  Love is more action than it is feeling; so how is our love manifested in our lives?  What do our actions say about our real love for the Lord?  1 John 4:20 states, “If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?”  There needs to be a consistency between what we say and what we do.

So as I look at my life today, is what I say illustrated by my actions?  If not then I need to confess my lack of consistency.  Then, I need to make this a part of my daily prayer life; analyzing and asking God to speak and empower my love be genuine.

Matthew 6:24, “No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.”

Tom & Linda Milam
Missionaries to America
Pho. 2:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog