Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

“Divine Discipline” ~ Dr. Tom Milam

“Divine Discipline”
Matthew 5:30, 48


I would rather limp or even crawl through life and be saved; though these things, like so many others, would be rough storms to endure; But Jesus promised to be in them with us, so that we could find direction in discipline and contentment. I therefore cannot justly hurt anyone with an offense or a damning blow.  My Christian Character says, to offend in anything makes me a party to it, I should therefore come under the same judgment.
When I got saved, I gave up all rights to myself, I am not my own, I’m bought with a price; I dare not bring a reproach on Jesus. There are a lot of things that I could do, but they would surely bring doubt and hurt to another, so I can’t allow myself to do these things.
Others may never understand why I do what I do and act the way I act. I believe I have convictions from the Bible that portray Jesus, and that is what I want others to see. May God help me and give me enough spiritual strength and sense to not criticize another believer.  But the lost are already under judgment and condemnation, so may I live that they would desire to have Jesus as their saviour.

“Direction”
I feel better now when I feel bad,
than I did back yonder when I felt good;
Then out of the things I called good,
He pulled me away and showed me the things
I should and could.
-Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:
“My Christian Character says, to offend in anything, makes me a party to it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog